Join the Art Gallery of Ontario and THEMUSEUM on Thursday, January 12 2012 at 11 a.m. for an online discussion about the art world’s ‘best of the best.’
What: #ArtHour is a Twitter chat with a new art topic each month. We invite you to spend one hour each month thinking about and sharing what art really means to you.
When: Thursday, January 12, 11:00 – 12:00 EST and then every second Thursday of the month.
Where: On Twitter – Follow @AGOToronto and @THEMUSEUM for more information or search for the hashtag #ArtHour. We’ll also be posting the questions on Facebook and here on the blog.
Who: #ArtHour is for everyone – Galleries and museums, arts professionals, artists and anyone interested in learning more and meeting other passionate art fans.
Why: It’s a great, free way of meeting art fans from across the world.
How: Starting at 11am we’ll be asking a series of questions around the month’s topic for you to answer, debate and discuss.
From 11am until 12.00pm EST on Thursday, December 8 the chat host (us!) will be tweeting a question every 10 minutes using the hastag #ArtHour. Anyone can respond, also using the #ArtHour hashtag. What is a hashtag?
For example, we would tweet:
Q1 What is your favourite art gallery? #ArtHour
And you could tweet back:
A1 The Art Gallery of Ontario! #ArtHour
Our January topic is THE BEST OF THE BEST. From your favourite galleries to the best experience you’ve had
See you on Twitter, Thursday, January 12 11:00 – 12:00 EST
Update: Here are this month’s questions. You can take part on Twitter, Facebook, or leave a comment right here on the blog:
1. What’s the best exhibition you’ve ever been to and why?
2. What was the best surprise you ever found in a museum or gallery?
3. What’s the best way a cultural institution can attract your attention?
4. What’s the best way for arts organizations to inspire you to donate?
5. What’s the best thing you ever learned in a museum or gallery?
6. What’s the best experience you’ve ever had with a member of staff at a museum or gallery?